Monday, September 14, 2015

Day 2......jet lag....forgot about the time difference

Jet lag is in full effect. All I can think about is meeting JE and my kiddos at home! Woke up around 5am and couldn't go back to sleep. Talk to family and friends for a while on Messenger, Skype or Facetime.

After our wonderful Filipino breakfast that consisted of...rice...yeah you got it....we headed out to purchase a few things!! Main item was a printer combo for the orphanage; my neighbor and a friend wanted to give in some way so they ask to purchase items needed by what was our child's home for a long time. What an experience purchasing any electronic or gadget from the PI: they actually open it up, put it together in front of you and show you that it works before you leave the store. A transaction that would normally take 20 minutes max in the U.S. took about an hour, however I'm grateful that they endured their items worked properly. Next it was to purchase a few things since we still didn't have our luggage.

Now lunch......I'll just leave this picture right here since a picture is worth a thousand words.

We really had a full day which was a blessing in keeping me occupied and not focusing on the fact that it wasn't Monday ye. Our next stop was the Mercy House to meet Nikki, Anthony and all the children. Please check out there page and consider supporting them in whatever way you can. They have a ministry for street kids...totally awesome!! From the moment we walk on the property, we were met with so much love. It was if I was exactly where I belong...with those precious children. Nikki and Anthony blessed us so much with their time, generosity and food! You would have thought we were old friends catching up instead of 2 couples, with so much in common, meeting for the first time.
Unfortunately our time had to come to an end and we headed back to Manila. Can I just say...."PI traffic makes DMV traffic look like a well flowing highway!" Man I don't think I would ever muster enough courage to drive in Manila.

The night ended with us going back to the airport at midnight to recover our Bags that finally MADE it!!

Time to close my eyes so I can be one day closer to having our boy in our arms....



No comments:

Post a Comment