Thursday, March 28, 2013

DRUMROLL....

It is official....legal....whatever the politically correct word is!! We are happy to announce that we are the PROUD family of 3 girls and 1 BOY!! We passed court today in Ghana making us a family of 6. He is a Petway!! I'm like 95% sure his initials will be EJP!!

Look how God works.....
Its amazing how he looks like he could be my biological child and he has alot of Tyvon's giftings. A month ago on Feb 28 we got on a plane to go meet him and today March 28, he became our son in the eyes of the court system!! Another..wow moment.....Our son's name (EN) is the exact same first and last name as one of my current students who is from Ghana but moved here to America with his family since he was around 3.

When I received the messages, I burst in tears while trying to contact Ty and tell him the good news!! Its like when you go into labor and call your spouse to tell them that you are labor. Then you get to the hospital and the doctor confirms that you are in ACTIVE LABOR. So I would say we are in active labor...don't ask how many centimeters we are but I would guess around 4 and since this is an adoption...we have 6 centimeters to go until we BIRTH (bring him home) him. As we all know...it could go swiftly or it could go very slow; but trusting that GOD is in CONTROL!!

I have so many emotions stirring up in me but one thing I know is that God really has showed and will continue to show his RESURRECTION POWER!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wooot! Woot!! So exciting!!!

    I am missing my girls something awful. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...Christin its so tempting for me to hop on a plane this week and go there for spring break. Exercising self-control and umm common sense relating to our budget!!!

      Delete