Friday, October 26, 2012

Let's Talk Ghana

So we are in the middle of our home study visits. We have 2 more to go. I'm constantly reading up on everything that I can about Ghana. So I decided maybe I should put some facts about Ghana on our blog. So here we go....

Art Ghana has hand woven colorful fabric called Kente. It is worn by chiefs and others for important and special occasions.

Music Folklore and pop music are popular in Ghana. Highlife, a dance with a strong, syncopated beat, is also popular. Instruments used in music are drums, trumpets, flutes and other percussion instruments.
Sports Football (soccer) is a favorite game of most Ghanaians. Volleyball, basketball tennis, ludo, golf and handball are also popular.

I found a recipe...I think I may try it....

Chicken with Chilies
This traditional Ghanaian dish is typically served with yams and fruits such as papaya or mango.

3 or 4 green chilies
1 three-pound chicken cut into eight pieces
3 Tb. butter
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown the chicken in melted butter. Add the onion rings and sauté until soft.

Add the broth, nutmeg, salt, pepper and chilies and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.

Lastly here is a map of where we will travel in the near future:

No comments:

Post a Comment