Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Adoption Education

Adoption Education...one of the requirements of adopting is a home study is to complete 10 hours of adoption education. We have started that through Adoption Learning Partners. We completed our first course and have 4 more to go. It was a very thought provoking class with lots of advice and tips on discussing adoption with your adopted child. This class really help me (Jamallia) because I struggle with telling our "son" that he is adopted. I felt like...he will be ours and why do I have to tell him. He's going to be treated just like he was our biological child. However I now understand that knowing he is adopted and him actually being adopted is a part of his self-identity.

Adoption Learning Partners---Here's a link to the company we are using for our adoption education courses.

Another requirement is our parent history documentation.....aka autobiography. This one is very structure and as some tough questions. Ty and I have to complete it separately!

Did I mention more paperwork....yes paperwork, paperwork but it will be worth it in the end!


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment