Sunday, September 7, 2014

YOU Lead….We Follow

Where do we start………

We are DIVING in….and not in the shallow parts either…we are going into the deep where we can't really see what's ahead.

We are answering the call by opening our hearts and home to another child through adoption. When we were in the process with  EJ we always said maybe we would adopt again. After EJ came home I (Jamallia) had mixed feelings of ever adopting again…long story……it isn't for the faint in heart….especially the process and all you learn once your child is home. However there was still a longing inside both Tyvon and I and we knew deep down our family wasn't finished growing. Asia is a really big part of our heart…. I frequently joke around that I'm Asian and if you cut me, I will bleed Asian blood….LOL!!

For about the last 6 months, we have really been entertaining the idea to add our family. We looked into China, Taiwan, US (foster system), some of Virgin Islands and the Philippines. While on one of our family vacations this summer, I (Jamallia) so a post in one of the adoption groups about a summer hosting program looking for families of the kids visiting. There were 4 boys and 1 girl from the Philippines needing families. We look into it and had the privilege of being able to "meet" them via wonderful technology. And we fell in love so…….with more than one….but we can only bring one home….so we asked God to lead us….

We are adopting a wonderful little boy from the Philippines who has minor special needs. God has confirmed in so many ways that this is our son and He is leading us. When the time comes, we will share more but can't because of PI rules and regulations. EJ is ecstatic about having a brother and being the "big brother" to show the ropes…! The girls are just busting at the gut to tell the world!! Tyvon is leader in this adoption…he is so solid and "this is our son" and "we are moving forward!" I sure need this because I'm the teeter tooter…. and "are you sure?" One thing I know…. I can't get him off my mind and wouldn't know how I would feel or what I would do if he didn't come home to us!

We are currently working on our home study and getting our dossier together. We are also in the process of doing a massive fundraiser. One of the things that kept me (Jamallia) from committing was the fact that we have nothing saved to start a new adoption….I can't see with my physical eyes where the money will come from. My closest friends know this is a HUGE deal for me. However…BUT GOD…He is already showing us that He will take care of this…… we are already in line to receive a grant…PRAISE GOD.

Spirit lead me where my faith is without borders let walk upon the waters wherever You would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander And my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior…..


You make me brave, you call me beyond the shores into the waves……


Please share our donation website!! We are using Adopt Together again!! Petway Family Adopt Together Account

No comments:

Post a Comment